Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Bucket Hats



Although I do love to make quilts, I started my sewing life making clothes.   Inspired by my sister-in-law,  I decided to stitch up a bucket hat.    Quilts are flat - bucket hats are not. Will my sewing a three D skill return?

And what about a pattern?  I live in a rural area so don't have an option to purchase a pattern locally.  Internet to the rescue and here's the result.

Thanks to Oliver + S for the free reversible bucket hat pattern and the my stash for the fabrics.   And yes this is a kids pattern so I used a 1/4 inch seam rather than 1/2 inch as suggested.  Fits me perfectly.



I do love to sew :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Its a Mystery

I've had lots of sewing adventures over the years.  As a lover of fabrics, I very much enjoy the quilting world and all it has to offer....